Monday 27 December 2010

Hel Looks





I've stumbled upon Hel Looks, "a street style blog from Helsinki" that "documents individual, unique looks and styles."

I admire that there is no dominant genre, anything goes, and each person has the opportunity to give an opinion - their 5 minutes of fame you could say.

I love the feel of the website, how the latest entry is the homepage. I also like how the website is simply black and white, therefore focusing your attention on the featured people. No gender or age group is favoured, anyone can be chosen.

It would be fantastic if the website could expand, go global [probably impossible...], so that you could explore and compare the different cultures and fashion trends of each nationality.

I think the reason I like this site so much is because I feel that it gives the public a chance to be the centre of attention. Unlike gossip blogs and established magazine websites, Hel Looks celebrates the unknown individuals fashion and looks to the public for inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment